Kansai On Fleek 2023 - Osaka Saturday


Jet lag is crazy. I woke up at 2am and laid there until 6 am and went for a short walk around before i worked on the book cover. It was this quiet time walking around these new Nakazakicho streets that I felt like, what is the point of my life, what am i doing, what is my life. It was really hitting me. I know it's not a fair comparison when you're on vacation because I should know, i lived in Japan before and its not all sunshine and rainbows at all. I guess i've been in the pressure cooker of book deadline and teaching for the last few months that I'm finally free and when I open the door, boom i'm in Japan all of the sudden. I was INCREDIBLY stressed out trying to meet this huge book deadline, to the point of getting sick.




illustration usage examples.


we went to this guy steven knows' Ramen shop
 where they use scrap fish to make their stock. It was delish. Everyone was hungover but eric was super hungover

this was the only sushi we had on this trip sadly and its sashimi. It was delicious red snapper. We wanted a sushi sesh but every day ended up on some other agenda and there is a vast array of Japanese foods to eat.












extremely comfortable and lumbar supportive and seems like the BEST work chair


more illustration

 

0 comments: