A Mildred Wadkins Send Off

Our Grandmother, my mom's mom, Mildred Wadkins passed away while we were in Asia. Mark Twain was her favorite author so she's buried near Mark Twain who just so happens to be buried in Elmira new york, less than an hour from our house. I won't say much other than she came from the depression era and saw 6 kids through that are now our great aunts and uncles and my mom. Thanks grandma for introducing me to the music of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley and giving us a world outside of Canisteo. 



upstairs bar at the Park Slope Nitehawk cinema

nintendo switch rooftop golf

random canisteo photo? did we go on a short trip?

I judged the senior show at University of the Art in Philly with Christina Chung and Anton Klusener. It's known as the Ely aka the William H Ely Illustration Thesis. Fast forward to 2024 and Uarts suddenly and without warning closed its doors leaving all the staff and students jobless and universityless, it was and is crazy. A bunch of people i knew worked there and even gave up their NYC lives to move there to teach.

the book Sal Catalano brought in to class freshman year at FIT 22 yrs ago and I immediately went home and bought it and it was expensive. I was so inspired by Yoshitoshi's woodblock prints. (also crazy that now i teach at FIT alongside Sal)

now 22 yrs later I own an original woodblock print and one in much better condition than the one in this book. The frame came back so i'll show it soon.


Ryan and I had a dumb 2 person night in Chinatown

this is in arlington virginia they have 3 petanque courts, i dont know why this photo is here

Twister on the roof

cilantro turns into coriander seeds

Ollie does not like Dubu

rooftop ssam bap time


 

0 comments: