In Person School Again

Hey non-white person that grew up in a predominantly white area. As a kid did you ever wish a magic genie could grant your wish and you'd wake up with blonde hair and blue eyes? Careful what you wish for, boy. As a kid in my all white 3 stoplight town in western New York state i wished I could be white, viewed as normal, that my appearance wouldn't be the reason for my ridicule, that i could be viewed as a suitable/acceptable to date. Now I would not trade being Korean and Asian, for all the gold coins in the world. "Careful What You Wish For, Boy" 8x10" acrylic on wood panel 2021 This cautionary painting is based on one of my school photos and is part of the exhibit "Luminous Odyssey" with WOWxWOW November 5th – 26th. Original painting available on their website. https://wowxwow.com/













K town now looks like this with street huts in front of most restaurants. I guess they are here to stay.

rediculous 10 shiso leaves are $6 when you can just grow them (if you can grow them)

Heirloom Korean peppers (Lady Hermit)

remember that time i saw Caesar Milan eating chili crab in Singapore?

Posing for a Ralph Lauren campaign. I'm not kidding


I was making this crazy chinese recipe, crack slurp noodles where you skin a chicken and roll the skin in plastic wrap and freeze it for 30 min and thin slice it then fry it but i turned around for 30 seconds and it fried into a useless black ball and it was SO much effort and I was SO mad. I was fuming. The worst times are when something is my own fault, that's when I am the most angry. 

This was supposed to have amazing thin sliced fried chicken skins on it

I did a poster with Spoke Art for New York Comic Con and I went to sign them in person so and they had an extra pass to give me which was good for 2 days so I gave it to bob and he went the next day.

you forget that it's about comics, at least it used to be



thats my Neon Genesis Evangelion poster next to that Wizard of Oz poster


Ricardo wasn't there, he said his comics publisher just got him that table

Gian Galang, an amazing artist and illustrator. This was my first time meeting him and in the spring he came to talk to my class

Mel and Gerald's neighborhood in Queens



he likes to sit on chairs by himself

Slope Cellars changes their window every season

in person school means getting Korean groceries and take home lunch 

i wanna try this place

 

0 comments: