Cider Town


Went to the parents house to pick some apples and make some cider with the goal of making hard cider. 


they think the apple trees they have in the side yard are North Spies.  They aren't great for eating like an apple but tart apples make the best cider and pies.

At Lain's Cider Mill getting our apples pressed

the home brewing craze has made it here as well.  Although the Lain's say they have been making their own hard cider forever I don't remember them selling hard cider making kits until i saw it this year.

our haul, 9 gallons

this pumpkin still sits on our floor uncarved.  Once again we failed

a journey into the forest to find fall ikebana materials.

dad's yellow maple

mom's tactile contradiction of thorns and smooth round berries

my surrealist nightmare


Jen's minimalist maple





Dad made smoked cheese!  Mozzarella, Gouda, and Cheddar and it's good stuff.  Oh and pulled pork


addiction

I found a tick on my upper thigh when we got back to NYC that night.  I was wearing long pants and shirts so I don't know how he got there.  I went to the doctor and got tick antibiotics.

october 23rd and still harvesting swiss chard.

0 comments: