Chinese New Year Paris



Chinese new year aka Spring Festival time in Paris.  I live next to one of 2 chinatowns in Paris in the 13th arrondisement.  This is an 8 minute walk from my house.



went with my aunt on a chinatown excursion to buy a hot pot thing and all the fixin's for Chinese New Year's eve.  It was delicious and the first chinese hot pot session they've ever had.  my aunt even got into the spirit and filled some red envelopes with money.  I'm technically still eligible for this because i don't have any kids yet.



Le Monde might be the biggest newspaper in France, i can't find the stats on that immediately online so you can look if you really care.  state ownership of this paper is reported at 26% so peeps question the independent-ness of their reporting which is obvious if you read it.  this is about a 10 minute walk from my house.



around the corner from le monde, a mod apartment building



centre de police du 13eme arrondisement.  the police headquarters of the 13th arrondisement, my arrondisement burned out over a year ago.  the official cause was that a data cable got pinched.  there are ridiculous things made up to cover up obvious dubious crimes commited by gangs and badies



did i find a cool cafe near my house finally?  its this weird triangle shaped space in chinatown across from pho 14.  L'Age D'Or.  Its kind of weird and funky and totally not belonging in chinatown. free WIFI yes!  if you didn't know this is clutch because most places in Paris don't have free wifi.



i can't really say it was staring me in the face for the last 6 months because its kind of easy to miss even though it's at the big main intersection in chinatown.



Matt Rota at his solo show at Galerie L'Oeil du Prince in the 17th.  Matt is an illustration buddy back in NY



I walked over to Chinatown for 30 minutes to snap some photos because its next to my house so i thought i should even though i've seen many many chinese new year parades in my day.  i took this photo by accident but after looking at it i see that i should just print out the word "PRESSE" on crappy computer paper and put it in a plastic sleeve and put on my duck face so i can have a press pass too.



I knew it was gonna be a cluster cuss so i brought my tripod and wireless remote so i could hold it high up in the air and press the remote shutter button and get some clear shots











Nad and Ornelly.  two of my best ami's in paris but they both are moving to new york :(



the best japanese food i've had so far in Paris is in the Marais inside the Marché des Enfants Rouges.  It gets my thumbs up





inside the market there are a bunch of places to eat including this Moroccan place that looked good.  they had some kind of rice thing with like 20 small over easy eggs somehow cooked on top of it all.  gotta try it sometime.



some street in le Marais



more of those top floor crazy window spaces i love so much

0 comments: