Jen Turns 40

these two illos were accepted into the American Illustration annual show and we all went to the annual party and had a swell time
13 yrs of student loan debt paid off via illustration work. Got a lil help from my parents on the smaller fed loan towards the end and had a big private loan. In the end I paid off double, $140k from the $70k I borrowed for 7 yrs of school. To be honest when you have autopay on your loans you don't really notice it after a while and it just becomes a reality that you don't have $400 a month extra. Being married and having a financial planning partner allowed me to pay off a big chunk in whole this year.


Jen turned 40 and we had a 80s/90s/Soap Opera themed bday party. I told her this was too many themes for one party but oh well. I gave a sentimental speech about Jen's 40 years on this planet which I thought was good but she wasn't so tickled by it.

are they 80s? are they 90s? There's bob in the back in his D.A.R.E t shirt looking like a video game tuff.

the supportive Yoo sisters were there for her 40th of course.

As were the Collis sisters



didn't even get a photo of Jen at her birthday so here's a good one.

To me Gian Galang is the most exciting illustrator out there right now. Here's one of his murals on Doyers street in Chinatown

look how thoughtful I was, I stopped chugging nuggs so we could have a nice lil' snack the next day

Russian Tea room, their vodkas actually are delicious

blinis

dropped my final art off for the 2020 MTA artcards on the subway trains and saw a bunch of art from big people like Chuck Close that the MTA has also commissioned.



can't remember what this trip to DC was for, Thanksgiving probably
that's supposed to be me

10 TB harddrives that will mirror each other in my new Synology diskstation NAS RAID backup server to finally have a good backup solution and not have to play tetris with my files. It can take up to 4 drives so I can expand as time goes on and hopefully Hard drive tech keeps improving so I can put larger storage in it as time goes on. The downside to this awesome solution is it cost like $800 for this setup.


time to get painting for a group show

this is a very lame
Foo finally had a pizza party as he likes to make bespoke pizzas and is making his own dough now too. don't have photos of the others or the final product but he made some fantastic pizzas.

two guys riffing off each other, one on violin one on cello. I don't know if this was planned or impromptu but everyone wanted to think it was impromptu.

the real sign of the times is this guy is also accepting venmo payments

holiday party at Kimie's studio which fast forward to 2020 pandemic and they had to get rid of the studio.


 

0 comments: